With your help, here are just a few of the great things we’ve accomplished:
• More than 600 people came through our door to get involved.
• We have nearly 120 active volunteers serving and more than 40 nonprofit partners, nearly double the number of volunteers from just one year ago.
• We launched Year 8 of our AmeriCorps Encore program with 22 AmeriCorps members helping to improve access to health care, alleviate hunger, and help older people remain independent.
• More people than ever have attended the Colorado Encore Network to explore ways to re-energize their careers and their lives—and to learn new ways to talk about aging and ageism.
• More people than ever have attended the Action Academy to learn about–and get involved in— critical issues such as health care policy, the environment, immigration and many other timely concerns.
• We’ve partnered with Changing the Narrative Colorado to change how we all talk and think about aging and ageism.
• And, as the year drew to a close, we learned that our Health Navigator training program is the second such program in the state to be fully recognized by the Colorado Department of Health and the Environment for teaching with the skills required in this emerging career path.
What lies ahead in 2019? Well, we have big plans, and we anticipate a few surprises.
• We will be laying the groundwork for older adults to get involved in intergenerational programs, specifically with young children and their families.
• We will be offering more opportunities for older adults to re-tool their careers and find encore employment.
• Look for news about a new, high-impact service program designed for and by encore adults.
• We will be exploring ways to partner with businesses, nonprofits, and state and local government to solidify our financial foundation so we can keep growing.
A special thanks to our generous and hard-working board members: Roy Alexander, Karen Newman, Barbara Reed, Liz Ullman and Barbara Yondorf.
Finally, none of what we do would be possible without the encouragement and support of our 2018 funders: Anschutz Family Foundation, the Buell Foundation, The Denver Foundation (Merle Chambers Fund), Gary Community Investments, The Jay and Rose Phillips Family Foundation of Colorado, Rose Community Foundation, Serve Colorado (AmeriCorps), and Telligen Community Initiative.
Please help support our continued success in 2019 by making a donation here. We promise to transform your gift into lasting impact.
Thank you for all you do to make our world a better place.