In October 2019 Boomers Leading Change
Launched Our Innovative Fellowship Program
Introducing Experience EngAGEd
Experience EngAGEd is a brand new year-long Fellowship program for men and women over 50 who want to have a positive impact in our community while continuing to grow professionally and personally. We are recruiting passionate older adults who are ready to commit to this unique fellowship program that will provide expert training, monthly peer learning, a monthly cash benefit, and the chance to make real changes for their communities, and themselves.
Up to 30 Experience EngAGEd Fellows will be selected for skilled service roles at local nonprofit organizations to address pressing community needs in food security, aging in place, and access to quality healthcare. Using their unique skills and talents, Experience EngAGEd Fellows will spend a year with a team of like-minded men and women over 50 who are eager to serve their community and help those in need.
Experience EngAGEd is made possible by a grant from the NextFifty Initiative, a Colorado-based private foundation dedicated to funding innovative, mission-driven initiatives that improve the lives of older adults and their caregivers.
What will Experience EngAGEd fellows do?
- Each Fellow will be selected to serve at a host nonprofit organization working on healthcare access, food security, or helping older adults remain independent in their own homes. The selection process considers each Fellow’s interests and skills.
- The time commitment is variable, but will range from 10 to 20 hours per week, depending on the nonprofit placement.
- The program offers a $2,400 annual “experience benefit” (paid monthly) to enable Fellows to pursue educational, cultural and other personal and professional growth opportunities.
- Fellows will attend valuable monthly training sessions to enhance skills, engage in team learning activities, and create bonds with new peers.
- We expect to recruit no fewer than 30 Fellows for the 2019-20 program. We expect the selection process to be competitive.
- Informational meetings have been organized during August and September 2019.
To learn more about Experience EngAGEd, contact Susan Kayler-Daley at 303.426.6637 or email@example.com