TRAINING FOR BOOMERS LEADING CHANGE VOLUNTEERS, EXPERIENCED ENGAGED FELLOWS AND EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION ONLY!
This course will provide you with an overview of the skills you will need as a volunteer to impact underserved populations, addressing health care access, issues of healthy living and literacy. As a health navigator you will be equipped to help individuals and families overcome barriers and connect to vital resources.
It is required to complete Courses True Colors, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Motivational Interviewing prior to taking this course.
- Self-paced learning and instructor led Zoom sessions
- Four Zoom sessions – Tuesday’s April 27 and May 4 and Thursday’s April 29 and May 6 from 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (Must be able to attend all 4)
This course will help you build the skills you need to be a more confident, informed, and empowered healthcare consumer as well as volunteer contributor toward enhancing healthy living.
Below is an overview of topics we’ll cover:
- History & Overview of the role of health navigator
- Healthcare topics:
- Healthcare Law and Ethics (including HIPAA rules)
- Coverage: Medicare/Medicaid
- Resource/Benefit overview & navigation
- Healthcare Team Communications
- Oral Health and Trauma Informed Care
Questions? Please contact Shannon Randall (email@example.com) – Training Manager or call 303-396-0389.
- Health Navigation Training
April 27, 2021 - May 6, 2021
9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Venue: Canvas and Zoom BLC Online