We envision a society that recognizes, celebrates and embraces the opportunities that come with age and the wealth of experiences Adults 50+ have to draw upon. We envision a time when everyone understands the positive impacts that come from older adults engaging in meaningful work, service, learning and leadership and that, as a society, we harness this generation’s talents and energy for good.
The mission of Boomers Leading Change is to mobilize, connect and empower Adults 50+ to utilize their skills, experience, passion and energy to create positive, lasting social change.
Boomers Leading Change seeks an Administrative Assistant to assist with daily office needs and program support. This new position will play a pivotal role in support of the Executive Director and program staff in scheduling, filing, event preparation, communications, database management and more. This position is scheduled for 20 hours per week over at least four work days. May occasionally require evening work hours.
Areas of Responsibility
- Greet and direct office visitors, answer main office telephone, forward messages to appropriate staff
- Support Executive Director with scheduling assistance, document management and administrative tasks as requested
- Assist with overall coordination of program calendars, meetings, events
- Assist with maintaining and updating SalesForce database as needed
- Coordinate materials for meetings and training sessions and other activities of the organization
- Provide meeting and event support as needed (e.g. scheduling, coordinating food, logistics, taking minutes)
- Provide support to fundraising efforts, event planning, follow up and outreach
- Ordering and maintaining of all office supplies
- Assisting in processing of financial documents such as expense forms and invoices
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Highly organized, but also flexible.
- Able to clearly communicate orally and in writing; high proficiency in grammar, spelling and proofreading.
- Able to successfully work with a diverse group of staff, volunteers and partners.
- Strong computer skills including Outlook and Microsoft Office 365 Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc)
- Strong online research skills.
- Salesforce experience a plus.
- Ability to work within a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and time management skills.
- Previous office administrative support experience required.
- Ability to prioritize projects and enhance work flow.
Compensation: $17.00 per hour and Paid Time Off benefits.
How To Apply
Send resume and cover letter
no later than 5 pm, Friday, January 18, 2019 to email@example.com
Please, No Phone Calls
Please indicate in the Subject Line – Administrative Assistant
Boomers Leading Change is a project of the Colorado Nonprofit Development Center (CNDC) and all employees are CNDC employees. CNDC is dedicated to equal employment opportunities in any term, condition, or privilege of employment. CNDC prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, sex, age 40 and over, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, gender expression or any other characteristic protected by state or local law. This policy applies to all employees.