TRAINING FOR BOOMERS LEADING CHANGE VOLUNTEERS, EXPERIENCED ENGAGED FELLOWS AND EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION VOLUNTEERS!
Training Orientation and Welcome
Boomers Leading Change training consists of 5 courses – Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) , True Colors, Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI) , Motivational Interviewing (MI) and Health Navigation. Health Navigation is made up of 5 modules – Introduction to Health Navigation, Health Care Team Communications, Cultural Sensitivity and Implicit Bias, Resources and Application of principles.
- Take individual courses (except Health Navigation)
- Changemaker Bootcamp with includes (MHFA, True Colors, DEI and MI)
- Health Navigation Course which includes (MHFA, True Colors, DEI, MI and the 5 modules of the Health Navigation course).
- Intro to Chronic Diseases
- Additional Resource Information
- Refresher Course
Boomers Leading Change’s Health Navigation Course is recognized by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE). Training participants who complete the entire Health Navigation program (MHFA, True Colors, DEI, MI, Five Modules of HN, Intro to Chronic Diseases, Additional Resource Course, Refresher Course) are eligible to take the Colorado Health Navigator Competency Assessment. Those who pass are placed on an online registry maintained by CDPHE. (Note: The assessment is optional at this time.)
Additional support courses offered:
- Technology Course
- Technology Office Hours
- Training Orientation and Welcome
In this course we will cover:
- Intro Canvas and Cornerstone Learning Management System
- Zoom Basics
- Jamboard and Padlet
- Training Big Picture
- Zoom Session – Tuesday August 17 from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. MT
- Once registered you will receive an email with more information at least 1 DAY before the first instructor led Zoom session.
Boomers Leading Change’s Changemaker Boot Camp and Health Navigation Training have been developed and are facilitated by experts in the community.
Note: It is required to take Motivational Interviewing, True Colors and Diversity Equity and Inclusion courses prior to taking the Health Navigation Course
Questions? Contact Shannon Randall with any questions 303-396-0389 or email@example.com
- August 17, 2021
10:00 am - 11:30 am