TRAINING OPEN FOR BOOMERS LEADING CHANGE VOLUNTEERS, EXPERIENCED ENGAGED FELLOWS AND EARLY CHILDHOOD VOLUNTEERS ONLY!
Boomers Leading Change’s Motivational Interviewing Course facilitated by Katie Langland, MA
Motivational Interviewing Description:
In this course we will focus on the importance of creating a safe trusting environment of rapport and respect for your clients. It is a collaborative approach that focuses on the clients strengths, goals and desires in making positive change.
- Describe M.I. as a strengths-based modality
- Explain how affirmations and empathy are “relationship builders”
- Identify basic skills of Open-Ended Questions, Affirmations, Reflections, and Summaries (OARS)
- Discuss ambivalence and tactics to enhance client motivation
- Practice basic components in role plays
- Self-paced learning via Canvas Learning Management System and two instructor led Zoom sessions
- Two Zoom sessions – Thursday September 9 and Tuesday September 14 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. MT (Must be able to attend both)
- Required for all Boomers Leading Change Volunteers, Early Childhood Education Volunteers and Experienced Engaged Fellows
- Required to have this course prior to taking Health Navigator Training
- Once registered you will receive an email with more information at least 1 week before the first instructor led Zoom session
Boomers Leading Change’s Changemaker Boot Camp and Health Navigation Training have been developed and are facilitated by experts in the community.
Note: It is required to take Motivational Interviewing, True Colors and Diversity Equity and Inclusion courses prior to taking the Health Navigation Course.
Questions? Please contact Shannon Randall (email@example.com) – Training Manager or call 303-396-0389.
- September 9, 2021 - September 14, 2021
9:00 am - 12:30 pm
Venue: Canvas and Zoom BLC Online