Training open to BLC Volunteers, Experienced Engaged Fellows, Early Childhood Volunteers only!
Mental Health First Aid classes will now be offered online, using the Zoom platform. Please ensure you have the Zoom app loaded on your computer with camera and sound capability before you register. Participants will complete prior to the virtual class a self-paced module for Part One of the course (this takes about two hours). You will then participate in the instructor-led six hour class via Zoom to complete the course. You will receive additional information upon registration.
Mental Health First Aid is a course that teaches you how to help someone who is developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis. The training helps you identify, understand, and respond to signs of addictions and mental illnesses.
The course trains participants to help people who may be experiencing a mental health problem or crisis. You learn:
- Risk factors and warning signs of mental health problems.
- Information on depression, anxiety, trauma, psychosis, and addiction disorders.
- A 5-step action plan to help someone developing a mental health problem or in crisis.
- Where to turn for help — professional, peer, and self-help resources
- Self-paced learning via Cornerstone Learning Management System (approximately 2 hours to complete) and an instructor led Zoom session (5.5 hours)
- Zoom Session – Thursday August 19 from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm MT and 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm MT (12:00 to 12:30 lunch)
- Required for all Boomers Leading Change Volunteers, Early Childhood Education Volunteers and Experienced Engaged Fellows.
- Required to have this course to complete Health Navigator Training
- Once registered you will receive an email with more information at least 1 week before the first instructor led Zoom session.
Boomers Leading Change’s Changemaker Boot Camp and Health Navigation Training have been developed and are facilitated by experts in the community.
Note: It is required to take Motivational Interviewing, True Colors and Diversity Equity and Inclusion courses prior to taking the Health Navigation Course
Questions? Please contact Shannon Randall (email@example.com) – Training Manager or call 303-396-0389.
- Mental Health First Aid
August 19, 2021
9:00 am - 4:00 pm