TRAINING FOR BOOMERS LEADING CHANGE VOLUNTEERS, EXPERIENCED ENGAGED FELLOWS AND EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION ONLY!
It is required to complete Courses True Colors, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Motivational Interviewing prior to taking this course.
This course will provide you with an overview of the skills you will need as a volunteer to impact underserved populations, addressing health care access, issues of healthy living and literacy. As a health navigator you will be equipped to help individuals and families overcome barriers and connect to vital resources.
This course will help you build the skills you need to be a more confident, informed, and empowered healthcare consumer as well as volunteer contributor toward enhancing healthy living.
Below is an overview of topics we’ll cover:
- History & Overview of the role of health navigator
- Healthcare topics:
- Healthcare Law and Ethics (including HIPAA rules)
- Coverage: Medicare/Medicaid
- Resource/Benefit overview & navigation
- Healthcare Team Communications
- Oral Health and Trauma Informed Care
- Self-paced learning via Canvas Learning Management System and five instructor led Zoom sessions.
- Five Zoom sessions – Tuesday Sept 21, Thursday Sept 23, Tuesday Sept 28, Thursday Sept 30 and Tuesday Oct 5 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. MT (Must be able to attend all).
- Required for all Boomers Leading Change Volunteers, Early Childhood Education Volunteers and Experienced Engaged Fellows in a Health Navigator role.
- Once registered you will receive an email with more information at least 1 week before the first instructor led Zoom session,
Boomers Leading Change’s Changemaker Boot Camp and Health Navigation Training have been developed and are facilitated by experts in the community.
Note: It is required to take Motivational Interviewing, True Colors and Diversity Equity and Inclusion courses prior to taking the Health Navigation Course.
Questions? Please contact Shannon Randall (email@example.com) – Training Manager or call 303-396-0389.
- Health Navigation Training
September 21, 2021 - October 5, 2021
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Venue: Canvas and Zoom BLC Online