TRAINING FOR BOOMERS LEADING CHANGE VOLUNTEERS, EXPERIENCED ENGAGED FELLOWS AND EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION VOLUNTEERS ONLY!
Please join us for BLC’s Diversity Equity and Inclusion Course facilitated by Shannon Randall
Learning and Reflection
- Think deeply about personal experiences related to difference and belonging
- Learn relevant contemporary terminology related to gender, race, sexuality, ability, and class
- Explore how norms – what counts as normal in our everyday practices – can limit efforts to be more inclusive of difference
- Discuss opportunity to engage in conversations about microaggressions, diversity, and inclusion powerfully
- Consider ways to deviate from the norm in order to practice DEI personally and professionally
- Self-paced learning via Canvas Learning Management System and two instructor led Zoom sessions
- Two Zoom Sessions – Tuesday August 31 and Thursday September 2 from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. MT (Must be able to attend both sessions)
- Required for all Boomers Leading Change Volunteers, Early Childhood Education Volunteers and Experienced Engaged Fellows.
- Required to have this course prior taking Health Navigator Training
- Once registered you will receive an email with more information at least 1 week before the first instructor led Zoom session
Boomers Leading Change’s Changemaker Boot Camp and Health Navigation Training have been developed and are facilitated by experts in the community.
Note: It is required to take Motivational Interviewing, True Colors and Diversity Equity and Inclusion courses prior to taking the Health Navigation Course
Questions? Contact Shannon Randall with any questions 303-396-0389 or email@example.com
- August 31, 2021 - September 2, 2021
9:00 am - 11:30 am
Venue: Canvas and Zoom BLC Online